Developed for the 3DS and Sony PSP, Arc System Works Europe and PQube look like they have a hit on their hands.
It's the usual case of way over the top action and well-designed character art. Features to the game, according to the press release, are:
· Two additional story modes for Sector Seven and NOL Academy adding to the substantial wealth of single player content.
· All the previous DLC content as standard, including new characters, Makoto, Valkenhayn and Platinum.
· Brand new ‘Abyss Mode’ exclusive to BBCS2 letting you level up your character against increasingly difficult foes as you descend into the Abyss.
· Enhanced with ‘Stylish Mode’ for a more comfortable handheld fighting experience – perfect for BlazBlue beginners and more advanced players.
· Amazing layered 2D graphics in a 3D gameworld for a truly unique experience, exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS.
It's a 2D fighter, but the 3D effects that the last point above mention have us especially interested... this could be a very flashy game indeed.
Continuum Shift 2 will also feature the BlazBlue Challenge and Tutorial modes allowing everyone from novice to veteran to enjoy the game. Just as well, because many 2D fighters are anything but welcoming for new players.